Sunday, November 3, 2013

Second Stop Motion




The previous stop motion I created involved mainly 2D characters. For this assignment, I wanted to create a character that I could move freely in any direction. I started by making a little adventurer out of pipe cleaner. I fashioned his cape out of some fabric that I rubbed in the dirt to make it look weathered. To finish it off, I created a weathered map for him to hold.

The feet were the hardest obstacle to overcome. I decided to leave them as pointy wires, and I wet the dirt outside so that I could pierce his legs into the soft earth. Despite my best efforts, and after endless trials, this was my best result. I tried to make his legs move in all of the main walking positions, but even with the damp dirt, it was difficult to keep the character upright, and in the correct position. I recognize that the stop motion animation could be better, but given what I had, I made it work as best as I could.

What I love most about this stop motion is the setting. I have always been inspired by how easily a world can be transformed by scale, in this case, a little man in a forest made for human sized people.

No comments:

Post a Comment